"Last month, we wrote about the ‘TED Talks Education’ live event which showcased some great speakers like Sir Ken Robinson and Bill Gates. Each of the diverse group of teachers and education advocates delivered a short, high-impact talk on the theme of teaching and learning.
To keep you inspired and learning, TED asked each speaker to compile a list of their favorite TED talks, which are linked below. Each has curated a list for you to enjoy, and each list reflects the speaker and his or her interests. Thanks to the speakers for sharing, and thanks to TED for putting these lists out there .
- Sir Ken Robinson chose his favorite talks, spanning creative methods of learning and powerful spoken word. Watch his favorite talks »
- Educator Angela Duckworth selected inquisitive talks about human behavior and psychology. Watch her talk picks »
- Bill Gates’ extensive playlist includes a variety of eye-opening selections on medicine, robots and violence. Watch the talks that inspire him »
- Teacher and activist Geoffrey Canada’s playlist reflects his passion for advocacy through an exploration of violence, slums and environmental activism. Watch his favorite talks on social justice »
- Poet Malcolm London picked talks from speakers with candor – poets and educators alike. Watch this poet’s selections »
- High school teacher Pearl Arrendondo chose motivating talks that reflect her own drive. Watch her inspiring picks »
- Ramsey Musallam, chemistry teacher, selected talks on imaginative ways of repurposing education and learning. Watch his inventive collection of talks »" (www.edudemic.com).