- Patricia Brown: Patricia showcases a myriad of videos, articles, tutorials, and lots of other resources all about education technology.
- Vicki Davis: We love Vicki! The ‘cool cat teacher’ is a rock-star on the blogs but also maintains a wonderful collection of curated resources for anyone looking to enhance their classroom or life.
- TeacherVision: A ‘family education network,’ TeacherVision assembles a solid list of resources that are valuable for parents, students, and teachers alike.
- Kathy Schrock: Kathy (big fan!) is a big name in edtech. Like Vicki Davis, she’s a wonderful blogger and Pinterest user. She curates helpful tools and supportive information for, in particular, developing top-notch presentations.
- Edutopia: The always-helpful Edutopia steps up to the Pinterest plate and hits it out of the park. They update their pinboards every day with a pantload of useful information, infographics, and articles.
- Eric Sheninger: Looking to learn about life as a principal? What technology is being used by school admins? Eric has you covered and has built up a solid collection of useful resources.
- Edudemic: Might as well share our own stuff on here since we think it’s worthwhile! We like to pin apps, web 2.0 tools, guides, infographics, and interesting edtech news.
- TED ED News: From the inspiring videos to the follow-up conversations, TED Ed has you covered here. Their Pinterest boards are worth following simply to try and keep up with everything!
- Jennie Hoffmann: Looking for useful web tools for education? Jennie covers the best tools and focuses on activities in particular that can help boost your classroom.
- Kristin Brynteson: Kristin loves to pin (judging by the number of pins!) and includes lots of free apps and education resources. We heart free resources!
- Samia Wahab: Who knew that Pinterest could be a news outlet? These articles posted by Samia are great reading for anyone interested in edtech news, trends, and more.
- Charity Preston: Want a pinboard that focuses on elementary school technology? Charity has an array of pins here that will help you out.
- Melissa Alonzo-Dillard: From interactive whiteboards to smart-boards to projectors, this pinboard from Melissa is useful for you. Great for any tech enthusiast too!
- Rachel Friedrich: Ever had the Reading Rainbow song in your head? This board has a whole library of tools like that. I dare you not to start singing the theme song now. Double dare.
- Education World: Ed world focuses on science and and how it connects with education. In other words, it’s great for any science teacher or student. There are plenty of non-science resources too though!
- Shannon Smith: A useful list of resources that is a useful tool for teachers and non-teachers. Focuses on infographics but also lesson plans worth knowing about. Great compilation Shannon!
- K S: This board has a focus on Canada thanks to the author (a curriculum consultant) being from there. The pinboard helps promote digital literacy and education technology thanks to many videos and resources.
- Debbie Fucoloro: Great for beginners (in edtech), this set of pinboards are useful guides for any teacher looking to amp up their technology!
- Shelly Terrell: Like Vicki Davis, Shelly Terrell is a big name in edtech blogging. We’ve even featured her in the Edudemic Magazine! Shelly focuses her boards on digital storytelling which basically gets tech into the hands of students and then makes them find creative uses. What could be better than that?
- ISTE: The one and only International Society for Technology in Education (you know, the folks who run the awesome conferences) posts some of their favorite tools and resources here. A great follow and recommendation for all teachers who want to get more tech into their classroom.
Wednesday, October 31, 2012
Education + Technology + Pinterest
By now, everyone has heard of Pinterest - but not everyone may be using it. Turns out, Pinterest is a great resource for finding education technology sources all in one place. Check out this compilation from Edudemic of "The 20 Best Pinterest Boards About Education Technology." This is the perfect starting point to delve into Pinterest - it may even inspire you to start your own Pinterest board that you can share with clients!